SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS CONFERENCE
DR PATRICK SCHWARZ & TERESA NUNN
17 March 2018 from 8:30 to 15:45
Centre des arts, La Grande Boissière
From Disability to Possibility:
The Power of the Inclusive Classroom
Supporting and Empowering Students and Teachers
- To define inclusive education and provide examples of an inclusive education model.
- To give rationales why inclusive education is important for a student's current and future educational situation.
- To define and give examples of successful inclusive education supports including universal design for learning, differentiation and student accommodations.
- To delineate successful examples of planning processes that make the inclusive education model work.
- To identify inclusive education components participants can currently add to their own educational practice.
- To engage in reflective practice and research
As part of the the driving force behind the early years of Inclusion at the International School of Geneva, Teresa Nunn has played an important and pivotal role in creating opportunities for students with differing learning needs. Teresa will present the opening remarks at this year’s Conference.