MATHEMATICS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
25 May 2018 from 8:30 to 17:00
Auditorium, Centre des arts, La Grande Boissière
A free global conference brought to you by Fondation Helvetica Educatio, with the generous support of the Gebert Rüf Stiftung, the Jacobs Foundation, the Fondation H. Dudley Wright, the OECD, Swissnex, the Center for Curriculum Redesign and the Foundation of the International School of Geneva.
To: Policymakers, experts, professors and teachers of Mathematics, Science, and Technology & Engineering
Speakers - deep, relevant and exciting topics
- Andreas Schleicher (OECD) and Michele Bruniges (Australia) on PISA Maths 2021
- Stanislas Deheane (CNRS) on Mathematics and the brain
- Keith Devlin (Stanford University) on Mathematics people really need
- John MacCormick (Dickinson College) on Algorithms that change the world
- Zbigniew Marciniak (Warsaw University) on Poland’s example
- Conrad Wolfram (Mathematica) acclaimed TED talk: Stop Teaching Calculating, Start Teaching Maths
The programme can be downloaded here.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference requires no registration fee, and food will also be served at no cost. However, all delegates are expected to pay their own travel costs.