Cambridge University European Tour Guide
7th and 8th December 2016
Auditorium, Centre des arts, Ecole Internationale de Genève
PERFORMANCES OF HAMLET IN THE AUDITORIUM :
- WEDNESDAY 7TH OF DECEMBER 2016 - 13H15
- THURSDAY 8TH OF DECEMBER 2016 - 14H00
- THURSDAY 8TH OF DECEMBER 2016 - 19H30
We are delighted to announce that the Cambridge University European Theatre Group will return again to LGB with a production of one of Shakespeare's greatest and most profound works, “Hamlet”, the tragic story of betrayal, self-doubt, madness and revenge.
A must for all students with a serious interest in Shakespeare’s work and for all those who wonder where the following quotations come from…….
- "This above all: to thine own self be true."
- "To be, or not to be: that is the question."
- "Though this be madness, yet there is method in’t."
- "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"
- "What a piece of work is man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals! "
- "Brevity is the soul of wit"
Cambridge ETG have been touring Europe with Shakespeare for over 50 years. Members of past tours included Sir Trevor Nunn, Sir Derek Jacobi and Stephen Fry. Cambridge ETG previously visited Ecolint with exciting and innovative productions such as Midsummer Night's Dream (2009), Taming of the Shrew (2010), King Lear (2011), Merchant of Venice (2012), Macbeth (2014) and Twelfth Night (2015).